POISON IVY & OAK
Poison ivy and poison oak, for example, cause a mild to severe contact allergic reaction when touched. Mild to severe redness, rash, itching, burning, and/or oozing blisters may be symptoms of this allergic reaction. After coming into contact with these plants, wash your skin thoroughly with soap and water. Then, topically apply herbs like aloe vera, black walnut, burdock, uva ursi and others to reduce swelling and inflammation. Make a liquid from these herbs (infusion or decoction) for application.
Vitamin C and blood purifiers such as BP-X or yellow dock may be beneficial internally. If you are allergic to these plants, you can use homeopathic poison ivy (Rhus tox) to desensitize your body. (Rhus tox is not a product of the NSP.) All of the following NSP products may be of assistance: